Transcend Education published a blog post about what it has learned through its partnership with the VELA Education Fund. To date, Transcend has engaged VELA grantees from Meet the Moment Fall 2020 in community calls, surveys, and focus groups.
Among the major insights and learnings:
- Families want learning environments grounded in connection and community.
- Hands-on learning is key.
- Out-of-school learning may not be sustainable for all.
- Older students have been overlooked.
- Schools provide a social services net for communities.
Read the full blog post from Transcend Education.